7.16.2012

Nepal Trip Update!

I know I know it's been a while. The internet in Nepal has been playing up recently and when it works, it is too slow to upload pictures (or even to open Facebook).
For those who don't know, I arrived in Nepal on the 1st of July.
Everything has been amazing; The locals I've met so far have been very friendly and luckily enough I've had very good guides to show me around and stop me from getting ripped off.
Which is something that happens very often to tourists.
Nepal relies heavily on tourism as a source of income, so they have different prices for locals and tourists everywhere. For instance, the entrance-fee to a museum would be 60 NRs (approx. .66 AUD) for locals and 800 NRs (approx. 9 AUD) for tourists.
It is kind of fair if you think about it, but once you have to pay for something 10x more the normal price it gets a little bit annoying over time. 
I have visited many places so far and have heaps of photos to upload. However, in order to make my blog more tidy, I'll be uploading the pics from nepal here (http://memitoinnepal.blogspot.com/).
I also have decided to keep the pictures free from photoshop. I'll just adjust the lighting and vibrance (colour) and leave it like that. I want to show Nepal as I am seeing it and not as I want you to see it. 
Now you might be thinking that there won't be much difference between a photoshopped picture and a raw one, but let me show a quick example of how I would use photoshop.

Photoshopped
Raw Picture

In case you didn't notice, in the photoshopped picture one column is missing, flags were added and clouds fixed (bottom right corner) . I feel bad having to edit something thats beautiful by itself. However, I will need to adjust the colours and lighting (as I said before) because most of the incongruences between the real scenery and the raw picture's colour  could arise from my camera settings.

Last thing I want to clarify is that only the best pictures will be posted on Faceblog and the rest will go to my other blog
I'm not saying that the other pictures are bad, I'm just trying to keep Faceblog tidy :). 

Pro tip of the day: All my posts and blogs now have labels, so if you only want to read about something in specific i.e Nepal updates, then go to Labels on the right side ((your right))) and then click on whatever you want to read about. 
In case you're wondering, FYI means For Your Information. 

Remember to Stick Around! Pictures Coming up Soon!