7.29.2012

New Tattoo :)

Guys!! the internet is working! wohhoo :)
Recently I updated pictures of me getting a new tattoo on my facebook page. However I dind't get the chance to show what the tattoo says.
The design I chose is pretty much like this.
Why Familia? 
-Well, its What I care/Love the most
Why on my side?
- I was told that was one of the places  in which it hurts the most to get a tattoo. So I liked the idea of getting inked something I really love in a place where it really hurts.

And it relates to my  Familia (Family) in the same way; no one / nothing will hurt you like your family will  but at the same time no one will love you like your family does.

When I say family I not only refer to those related to me by blood. I also include all those people I love and care about but that aren't related to me directly i.e Best friends and their families.
Why Nepal? 
Well, I once heard that a guy from Nepal was featured on the famous show "Miami Ink" and when I asked my friends they told me it could be possible for me to get a tattoo by the same guy.
Soon enough, I found out that this guy (Mohan) has been tattooing for the last 20 years and has won many awards for his art.
So why not? we went to his studio (Mohan's tattoo inn) and were told that he was fully booked :/.
But after Sonia had a talk with them (In nepali of course) they said there was one spot available at 10 am, which  we didn't hesitate to take.
Did it hurt?
I want to answer this question before hand because I know most of you are wondering the same thing.
YES it hurt! and a lot hahahahah I'm not gonna lie about it. It went from ok to very painful quite quick.
However, Mohan has a great technique so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
The tattoo took almost 3 hours. However, we took a ciggie break and at one point the lights went off.
I was super worried when that happened hahaha I was wondering "Shit, now what?"
Luckily they have generators so after 15 minutes we were back on business.
Overall, I'm happy with my new tattoo :) It looks good and symbolises something thats important for me.
Once it finishes healing, I will upload a picture of the whole thing so those who are far from me can have a better look :)


Until The Next Time :)

With Mohan after he finished my tattoo